Linggo, Hunyo 23, 2019

Playing the Erhu: Bridging the Gap

   I recently bought this book online. This was recommended to me by an Erhu player, one of the members of a college Chinese orchestra here in the Philippines, and my future 老师. Not everyone in the Philippines is familiar with the Erhu, since this is a Chinese instrument.

This book is expensive. I did not hesitate in purchasing it because I know it is indispensable. There aren't a lot of books about Erhu that are written in English, so it's understandble that it's a bit pricey. This is a must for all non-Chinese erhu enthusiast.

The price of this book is around four thousand pesos. It is priced over $40. All you need to know about the erhu is inside this book. The author clearly explains everything, and there are photos included, from the parts of an erhu, how to assemble or set-up an erhu, how to rosin a bow, how to hold the bow, and so on. There's also a brief instruction on how to read the numerical scores or the jianpu. There are additonal classic Chinese scores also. Over all this is a concise book about erhu. If you want to order this book I suggest you buy in ebay, and order from the seller, musicofmay. This book was delivered on my doorstep, hassle free, no need to pick it up from the post-office. It was delivered to me by UPS.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento