Miyerkules, Disyembre 21, 2016

Movie Review: Mano Po 7 'Chinoy'

   Yesterday, since I was on leave from work. My friend and I watched Mano Po 7, Chinoy. When I first saw the trailer I immediately wanted to watch the movie since Richard Yap was the main protagonist in the film. He became one of my favorite actor when I first watched a local drama (Please Be Careful With My Heart), starring him, together with another actress Jodi Santamaria. The cinema was a bit packed when we watched it. I thought that there will be lesser people already since, some days have passed since the initial showing of the movie.

   The film centers around a Filipino-Chinese family again. What made the movie different from the other Mano Po films, is that this film centers on the male character. What I like about the movie is that they really showed some traditions of a typical Chinese family, like during the engagement (ting hun) the soon to be bride is seen walking backwards. According to what I've read the meaning of the bride walking backwards symbolizes avoiding the negative energies in the room, and also so that she will not be able to see her groom. Also, in a huge Chinese banquet it is normal to see a lot of people wearing red. The color red symbolizes good luck, joy and happiness. It is considered an auspicious color for the Chinese people. Another thing that I have liked about the movie is the cinematography, you will be able to see some scenes shot in Taiwan. For me, the story line is a bit predictable. Still, this is a movie worth-watching. We should support our local films, and kudos to Mother Lily Monteverde for making another Filipino-Chinese movie wherein fellow Filipinos can appreaciate, and learn a bit more about the beauty of the Filipino-Chinese culture. Mano Po 7, Chinoy is still showing in cinemas nationwide.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento