Sabado, Disyembre 31, 2016

Ju.D's Fruitcake

   This December, while on vacation leave. I had the chance to meet Ms. Ju D. Lao, known as the fruitcake queen of the Philippines. She has been making fruitcakes for over 25 years. She started baking fruitcakes since 1975. The fruitcake recipe that she developed is her original, she wanted to make fruitcakes that would suit the taste of the Filipino palate. I noticed that not everyone likes fruitcake. I guess this is one of the Christmas gifts that some people don't really look forward to.

    I saw the fruitcake queen being interviewed on tv (a feature show in GMA ch.11), and it has been a long time since I last tasted a fruitcake so I've decided to order from her. Before we used to receive a lot of these, but now were fortunate enough if we received one. I ordered by phone, and in the afternoon I was able to pick-up my orders at her place in Greenmeadows Subdivision. You wouldn't miss the house because there's a large banner of Ju.D's fruitcake in front. Lovely place that she got there. Her helper was the one who took my payment, and the one who gave my orders. I really wanted to meet Ms. Ju.D so I asked if I can meet her. I was really glad that the queen of fruitcakes graciously met with me. I had the chance to took a photo of hers. I found out also that she has been interviewed by CNN Philippines. All her cookies were sold out, but I was fortunate enough to get the last pack of her New York Peppermint cookies, I also ordered her Classic fruitcake, and her Golden fruitcake. I also ordered her fruitcake sampler. The box contains 4 flavors (2 pcs. each of her classic fruitcake, golden fruitcake, Ju'D Blue, and Prune, both coffee flavored fruitcake). I have yet to try her Chewy chewkies (fruitcake cookies, no liquor but I heard they're very good), a recipe that she made especially for kids. I also love the packaging of her goodies. You don't need to gift wrap the fruitcakes because the packaging is already beautiful and very presentable. So if you want to order even if it's not the holidays, you can go to #50 Greenmeadows Ave. White Plains, Quezon City. Contact no. is  633-1188.  And truly, like the song of the Eraserheads goes, 'There's a fruitcake for everybody!'

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento