Linggo, Marso 9, 2014

My Chinese Themed Artworks

   Before, I was just into food polymer clay art, that is molding clay into shapes of miniature food. Lately, I have been doing Chinese themed art, based on films and artworks that I have seen on the net. 

  When I do art, I don't create, and draw everyday. I just make something when I am inspired, or when I feel like making one. Anyway, here are some samples of my artwork. 

Picture on the left. This is the panda keychain that I've made using Sculpey polymer clay. As you can see each of the panda is holding a different item. On the left side, panda is holding bamboo, panda in the middle is holding a heart and the panda on the right side is holding a rose. It signifies, life, love and hope.
 
 The next art you can see is my 'playful panda' art. The lady in the drawing is me. I really like pandas. I find them really cute. For this artwork I used Adobe Photoshop CS6 as suggested. I painted the background yellow because I wanted ito be a 'happy' art. There's also a Chinese character written, in pinyin it reads 'Wo Ai Xiong Mao'. In English it means I love Panda!. Xiong Mao means panda.
 
The next art is sort of a mixture of photo and graphic drawing. The drawing pad and the blue background is real, and of course the pencil. I just did the graphic drawing on the blank pad. The artwork was inspired by 'Litte Dimples' music video, a mandarin song by JJ Lin and Charlene Choi. I added a panda in the drawing. In the music video, it's just a bear.  

    On the right side. This is a 'rush' art of mine. I made this art in connection with the upcoming Chinese New Year. You can see a Chinese girl dressed in Chinese clothes which we call the 'cheongsam'. I also added red envelopes. The colors that I used are significant in Chinese belief. Red and gold is a positive or a good color for them.

    The next art of mine on the left side is quite similar with the style that I did with my 'Little Dimples' drawing. In fact it is one of my favorite art. It's based on the movie 'Turn Left, Turn Right', shared to me by my FilChi friend. The colors of the umbrella are similar with the colors of the umbrella that was used in the movie. I really like the movie. Who knew, that love can be just around the corner.
  The next art that I did is just an 'imitation' art from 'How To Draw Kawaii' characters book by Christopher Hart. It's obvious that I really like pandas, so this is the art that captured my heart!  

The next artwork that I did, was based on the song by Rainie Yang, 'Zhi Xiang Ai Ni', (Just Want to Love You). I saw a similar artwork in 'All About Chinese' webpage. So I made a similar artwork. I wrote on a cardboard and I cut it into circles, pasted it on the drawing pad, and I drew a clothesline and the characters were just hanging on it just like the way we hang clothes to dry.I was the one who wrote the Chinese characters so this artwork took me a while to make, since I'm not really used to writing in Chinese. I made another version of this drawing. For this drawing the woman is of course me. It's sort of an 'emo' drawing.

The last artwork that I will share to you has that nationalistic theme, in memory of my favorite national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal who incidentally has a Chinese lineage. Why I admire him? Because, aside from being a hero, he's got a brilliant mind, a very good writer, a man of Science, a linguist and also an artist. I have seen some of his artworks in Cebu. Jose Rizal's ancestor, Domingo Lam-co hails from Amoy, China. I made this graphic drawing December of last year. In almost all of my artworks I used MS Paint. It's just recent that I learned how to use Adobe Photoshop CS6.

You can check out all of my artworks in my deviantart page. Please do visit. My Deviantart just click on MyDeviantart. Thanks! 謝謝! (xie-xie)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento