Linggo, Hulyo 20, 2014

My Article at Nin Hao magazine: Confessions of a Chinese Culture Enthusiast

"Never be tired of learning or teaching others." - Confucius

I spent almost half of my life collecting books, reading, and studying anything with regards to Chinese culture, language, arts and anything that has a connection with it. So I was really, really happy and proud seeing one of my blog entry published in a Filipino-Chinese newsletter/magazine. It's more than twice the happiness that I felt seeing my letter to the editor (comment about Nin Hao magazine) being published before. 

I have included all the names of my Filipino-Chinese friends and acquaintances in this article of mine in the credits part. I am grateful to them because, they were all part of my life's journey, my own 'Silk Road' journey. I'm also thankful to GOD for giving me the chance to realize my dream because without His help I wouldn't be able to meet all these wonderful people who helped me along the way, who helped me fulfill my dreams little by little.

Truly I can attest, if you really want something, just don't give up. Pursue your passion. If one person believes in you then that's enough to make you go on, and never stop. I'm thankful to 施華謹先生 Shi Hua Jin  (Chinese studies scholar, and translator of Chinese works into Filipino, former president of KAISA Heritage Center, former secretary general of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, and at present Manila Doctors Hospital Corporate Secretary) for giving me a chance to share my article, and for appreciating what I wrote. Because of him I was able to fulfill my dream of being a real writer. 

My article was published last May-June 2014 issue of Nin Hao 您好! Nin Hao magazine. (Nin Hao means good day in Chinese Mandarin). You can get a copy of this magazines for free in Binondo area and some business establishments there like PSBank. Truly it is indeed a good day!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento