Sabado, Setyembre 29, 2018

Chinese Studies in Massive Open Online Courses

   Wayback, I took a free online course at Open2Study, and today I just finished another course, this time at Coursera which is a very popular platform online for learning free, and verified paid courses. Coursera has been around for quite sometime. There is also another popular MOOC website, and that is edX.

I am a Chinese culture and language enthusiast, and anything that has to do with Chinese studies has always piqued my interest. There aren't a lot of universities, and colleges here in my country that offers Chinese studies courses. Top universities here that offers Chinese studies is way too expensive. Same with universities abroad. So imagine my glee when I found out about different MOOC that offers Chinese studies, and language.

The first Chinese studies course that I took online was the Chinese Language and Culture Course at Open2Study, provided by South China University of Technology taught by Prof. Liu Cheng (Brady). This is a sort of introduction, and the basics of Chinese Language and Culture. This is a free course, and you need not pay, all you need is dedication.

In Coursera, I took a paid, and verified certificate course in Chinese Culture and Contemporary China. Coursera partnered with Nanjing University. The lecturers in the video were all from Nanjing University. Professors Cheng Aimin, Zhang Bin, Julius Vaitkevicius, Pan Wang, Ao Xuegang, Ding Fangfang and Sunmin. The video lectures here were 5 to 10 minutes long. There is also an optional discussion page. The courses here in Coursera are not that lengthy, and in-depth unlike the courses in edX, nevertheless the lessons are concise.

Why did I choose to take Chinese studies online courses? Well, mainly because it is my interest, and I will be more knowledgeable in a particular subject matter. It will also be a plus or an asset in my credentials. Also, I want to show that I am really passionate in my interest. As the Chinese say it 加油! ( jiayou)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento