Sabado, Marso 11, 2017

Sound of the Desert (Ballad of the Desert) a.k.a 大漠谣 (Dàmò yáo)

    This is another late post of mine. I have seen this drama a year ago. The alternate name of this drama is  Dàmò yáo, A story of the Wolf Girl. It's about a young orphan named Xiao Yue who was adopted by nomads living in the desert, she also learned to live with the wolves, and she has a special affinity with them. Along the way she meets people who will have a big role to play in her life. Like the handsome, reserved and well-to-do businessman who is the nephew of the Emperor, named Jiu Ye, and the young general who is also good-looking. This is a Chinese historical drama based on the novel by Tong Hua.

I have enjoyed watching this series, even if I skipped some episodes, and rushed to the later part of the series because I was so eager to see the ending. This is another good drama starring Cecilia Liu Shi Shi, her other two dramas that are worth watching are The Imperial Doctress, and the very popular Scarlet Heart 1 and 2. The one thing I can never forget in this drama (spoilers ahead), is the pain of unrequited love. There's this particular scene that I can't help but be teary-eyed because I can really relate to the main character. Xiao Yue's confession of her feelings to Jiu Ye. Same with my experiences before. I did confess to someone I like but my feelings was not reciprocated. I usually like someone and always the other person doesn't feel the same way for me. There will be viewers who will admire Xiao Yue for her bravery, of not being scared to admit her feelings to Jiu Ye. Even if its not the norm, or its not proper for a girl to confess her feelings to a guy, at least she will not regret anything, of not letting the person know how she feels, instead of keeping it all to herself. But now I have a changed of mind, I guess its best to just keep your feelings to yourself so that you will not be hurt. Just wait for the person to tell you if he or she have feelings for you.

So if you have not seen this Chinese drama. I highly recommend it. All the elements are here to get you hooked in watching this, action, romance and drama. Beautifully written. The actors and actresses are great! It's really worth watching. The OST's are good also. I will include one of the OST's link here for you to check out. This is a hauntingly sad song that speaks of the heroine's unrequited feelings for the Jiu Ye. The song mainly speaks of  its best to just give-up, and stop liking/loving this person. Because reality speaks.. you were really not meant to be.

"I thought time might be able to melt your heart, stubbornly believed that one day you will finally wake-up. No matter how I lean close to you... only one person is moved."

   

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento