Miyerkules, Hulyo 18, 2018

Our Times 我的少女时代 (Wo De Shao Nu Shi Dai) Movie Review

   Two weeks ago, I had the chance to watch a Taiwanese movie, 'Our Times.' The movie is quite similar to the Chinese drama, 'A Love So Beautiful', and a mix of the Thai movie, 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love.' About high school life. I like this movie over another Taiwanese that I've watched before, entitled 'You Are the Apple of My Eye.' (Because the ending is not that good for me. But its closest to reality, life doesn't always have a happy ending) I really don't have any fond memories during high school because I went to an all girls Catholic school. The movie is about Joe Chen, a geeky looking career woman, with a monotonous life. Her name in the movie in Chinese means sincere of heart. The same thing goes with her career life, and she was gossiped about her younger workmates. Then after another hectic and boring day, she decides to listen to her old player, and played a song of Andy Lau. Memories of her highschool days flashed back. The movie has a nice OST sung by Hebe Tian, entitled, 'A Little Happiness.' Anyway, I'm a bit jealous of Hebe because JJ Lin likes her. Well that's just the way, when you like someone, you get jealous when you find out when they like somebody else.

During her highschool days she has a crush with her classmate. But then because of a chain letter she made, she crossed paths with the school bully who treated her as a personal slave, at the mercy of his beck and call. But in the end they came to know each other's characters, and they became friends. So I will not spoil the ending for you, but I really want to mention, it has a special guest appearance of the original F4 star, Jerry Yan who played the lead role of Dao Ming Si in another popular Taiwan drama wayback, Meteor Garden. The movie was really good, it is just a light movie, and really heartwarming. I will definitely recommend this movie for you to watch. I give it, two thumbs up. Below is the music video. The meaning of the song is really fit for the movie. Happy watching and listening!




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento