Biyernes, Marso 25, 2016

My Swatch Chinese Themed Watches

   I'm not really fond of buying jewelries. I would rather splurge and increase my collection of books. Last year (October 2015), I chanced upon the display in a Swatch store, a black and white design drawing of building with what looks like a Japanese character to me. I asked the sales staff about the watch and they said its a limited edition, the design is about The Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai, China. When I heard that, I decided to buy the watch. Since, it has a connection to China, and the Chinese character design on the dial of the watch. According to the watch details from Swatch website this watch, is a dedication to the artists and their art. THE BLACK & WHITE SWATCH ART PEACE HOTEL (SUOZ197) is a limited edition collaboration with the Peace Art Hotel in Shanghai. A white and black print on the dial and down the semi-transpararent silicone strap will catch the eye with its artistry.  

Since, I also love to draw, and paint, and I have admiration for artists all around the world, I feel like this watch was made for me. I also like its simplicity. It costs me around P3,000.00.

The next watch that caught my attention, but I have second thoughts in buying it because it's really very expensive, costs around P4,000.00. Is the limited edition watch for Chinese New Year 2016. The animal that is featured is the monkey. But I read from the description that this is not just any monkey, the design is about the Monkey King, holding the peach which can bring the gift of immortality to anyone who eats it. I told myself that I will not buy it since I have a Chinese themed watch already. But when I found out that other than the monkey king design, this watch is also about the Chinese art of paper cutting. So all the more reason I wanted to have this watch. Unfortunately, all Swatch stores in the metro is already out of stock, after the Chinese New Year. I asked my sister-in-law abroad to buy one for me but she said it's also out of stock. I was planning to buy online, even if its very expensive. But thank God! Because my sister-in-law was able to find the lone swatch LUCKY MONKEY at Dubai airport. It has still its plastic covering in front, but they don't have the box. But it's okay at least I got the watch. From the description online, Swatch Lucky Monkey. A red monkey on the white dial. This is Swatch special design for Chinese New Year 2016. The monkey is not just any monkey. It is the Monkey King holding a peach. Hero of the classic Chinese novel written in the 17th century. 'Journey to the West'. The design of the watch was inspired by Chinese paper cut that dates back to the 6th century. 

      I was born in the year 1980, and according the Chinese Astrology, the Chinese believed that people born this year was ruled by the monkey. The Chinese word for monkey is 'hou'. So this watch is really right for me.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento